Granny Flats are becoming a huge trend in Australia. Whether you’ve seen an episode on television dedicated to them or read a special in a magazine, there is a reason granny flats are trending upwards. So why should you consider building a granny flat? Here are four reasons why you might want to get building today.
- They’re not just for your Granny. It’s time to stop thinking of granny flats as a solution that only works for the elderly. Whether you have aging parents you’re concerned about, twenty-somethings who aren’t quite ready to fly the coop, or frequently host out-of-towners, granny flats may be the solution you’ve been looking for.
- Improve the value of your home. Even if you’re not in the market to sell your home, building a granny flat is an incredibly smart investment. With a constantly evolving housing market, it’s always a good idea to make useful improvements on your home. Families are looking for more space, more opportunities for entertainment, and just more features in general that will make their purchase worthwhile in the long run.
- Save money. Stop spending your hard earned money on over priced retirement homes that are probably not giving your parents or in-laws the attention they deserve. A granny flat for an actual granny is still a great idea. It will enrich their lives by providing them a home close to family, keeping them safe and keeping costs down. Oh and having a built in babysitter doesn’t hurt either.
- Have a shorter commute. Do you have the option to work from home but don’t have the space? Maybe you’ve just always been dreaming of becoming an author, artist or starting your own small business. Whatever the case, a granny flat can be that space you need to kick-start your career and you’re only a hop, skip and jump away from the espresso machine in your kitchen.
- Gain an income. If you have a granny flat that you don’t use, you may want to consider renting it out. You’ll gain an income from your tenant that can always go towards your mortgage or maybe even that home renovation you’ve been dreaming of.
Interested in building a granny flat of your own? Fill out our enquiry form to the right to learn more.